Thursday, March 17, 2011

WOW! 2011 has been great for the industry! So Far...



Animosta's Boiboi Boy has just debuted on TV3 (sorry for the previous error, complete slip of mind. Thanks Mistaman). Hikayat Merong Mahawangsa @ Bloodlines collected RM2.2 million in just a couple of weeks and Mantera from Spacetoons is coming up! Can this year just get better? You betcha!

So far 2011 has been a great upbeat kinda start to the creative industry, the very least on in a noticeable kinda way. Riding the wave is more of the challenge for now. If you haven't seen Boiboi Boy or Bloodlines, then you very well should! It's the way that we can support the local industry.



So far so good for these two featured in the videos above. But what about Mantera? Have a looksee here:



Some are saying that Mantera is a bit lacking in the spit and polish department. But I say you cannot judge from a trailer. I have high hopes, even the line delivery in the narrative seems better than I expected from Tomok (the star lead actor). Things can change. The real movie could be way, way better. Give it a chance folks!

3 comments:

mistaman said...

bro. boboiboy was on TV3

Zeeman said...

Oops. Yes dat's right. Thanks. Dunno what I was smoking the other day!

Muhammad Basit said...

Hello, my name is Muhammad basit alam. I work as a senior character animator in H2O Entertainment here in Karachi Pakistan.
I visit many Malaysian character animation studio's web sites regularly, and I am amazed to see the character animation work both quality and quantity in Malaysia.

I would like to ask u that what are the prospects for foreign character animators like me in Malaysia.
Thank u; I will deeply appreciate your kind reply.
Regards

Muhammad basit alam
Karachi Pakistan.